Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Day for the History Books

Today was our homeschooling group's History Fair. Part of the Fair is a History Mystery show. The kids pick a figure from history, dress in character if they want to, and give clues to the audience about their identity. Let's see if you can guess Olivia's history mystery with the clues she wrote:
  • There is a state in your country named after me.
  • My friend brought me the potato.
  • I put my friend in prision because he got married, but I did not keep him there long.
  • I put another friend in prison because I quarrelled with him. Later, I had his head cut off.
  • I did not marry Philip and then he declared war on me.
  • The Pope said my father should not marry my mother, but my father did anyway. Later, my father put my mother to death.
  • My sister put me in prison.
  • I love fine clothes.
  • My people love me.
  • I kept my cousin as a prison for 19 years. Then, I ordered my cousin's head to be cut off.
  • I was the last Tudor to rule.
  • I lived in the 1500s.

Can you guess?


Olivia was Queen Elizabeth I of England.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olivia...you look so grown up! Beautiful too.
I am going to call later..love Gramma Bonnie

Post a Comment