More theater news!
I received casting info today from another children's theater group that is putting on a production of fairy tales from around the world. Olivia auditioned and got the role of Una in Una & the Goblin King (Irish fairy tale) and the role of Princess in The Lost Spear (West African fairy tale).
I've never heard of these stories, but I have a feeling we'll get to know the tales very well over the next few weeks.
UPDATE: I found this description online of the Irish tale. Sounds like Olivia will have fun with her role as Una:
This Irish tale is part of a long tradition of dragon-slayer legends, except that the hero this time is a heroine and the dragon is a goblin! Una’s sister Maeve disappears after walking “widdershins” around the castle; with her trusty shillelagh and a magic phrase, Una journeys to the heart of Elfland to fight sorcerers and the Goblin King himself.
2 comments:
wow, you're raising a thespian!!
Break a leg, Olivia!
Post a Comment